As some of you will know I'm a recent convert to Ubuntu from mostly RH /
CentOS. I've been playing around with Ubuntu 9.10 in our virtual
environment and will soon be bringing some production servers on-line
but the length of updates does worry me slightly. I've been using CentOS
as it has a really long life cycle (7 years) and some of our servers
just "sit" working for years on end without much care and attention (yes
I know that's bad but they work so I don't fix them)

Now I'm using Ubuntu I see that 9.10 has an 18 month life cycle and this
might not be brilliant for things like our VLE (Moodle) that will need
to work without much downtime for a couple of years.

Now the $100 question, then the next Ubuntu LTS is released(April I
think I read somewhere) with I be able to upgrade from 9.10 to it ?? The
box will be fairly standard stuff like MySQL, Apache, PHP & bits like
that, nothing too custom ?

Thoughts please :-)

Brian
Portmsouth College