Andy Random wrote:

> I'm looking for an *easy* way to play my MP3 collection through speakers
> in my living room.
[...]
> So what I'd like is a device with a hard disk which will store all my
> music, play it through a set of speakers in my living room, has a nice
> simple UI, a remote control, supports play-lists and just works.

I use a Roku/Pinnacle SoundBridge (which I bought after watching someone
demonstrate it at a HantsLUG talk).  It doesn't have a hard-disk, but
does most of what you want.

The SoundBridge is a WiFi device that plays media from iTunes/FireFly
servers it finds on the network.  (I think it might also be able to
search SMB shares, but I'm not certain.)  Audio is played through a
standard speaker/line-out jack -- it doesn't have built-in speakers.  It
has a physical remote control, as well as a web-based UI.

Chris
--
Chris Smith <cj...@zepler.net>