> My understanding of reallocation is the same as Hugo's. Maybe I just
> explaining it badly.

Hugo's argument appears to be that data reallocation is not as effective
as we would like. Yours appears to be very different - claiming a firmware
bug because you found an unrecoverable sector is just crazy.

> My understanding of reallocation is not the same as Vic's.

To which I would merely respond "how much time have you spent working on
drive firmware?"

I have a long history of embedded devlopment work, and I do have
first-hand experience[1] of these systems.

Vic.

[1] It's a few years ago now, so I'm not claiming my knowledge is bang
up-to-date, but I do have some inkling whereof I speak.