> If you are feeling adventurous you can have a play with Bluetooth GPS.

I don't know if it's still the case, but this was fairly broken for a
while. Apparently, someone decided that the default "0000" PIN was to be
disallowed. My ultra-cheapie Bluetooth GPS device doesn't have the ability
to change PIN, so my Fedora laptop suddenly couldn't talk to it any more
(akthough my Whitebox laptop did just fine).

> I would avoid the really cheap units (I have had one which
> stopped working).

Likewise. Mine has decided not to charge the battery any more :-(

Vic