** Sean Gibbins <s...@funkygibbins.me.uk> [2010-06-06 12:40]:
> On 06/06/10 11:39, Roger Munford wrote:
> > Mentioned in Mat's message. Does it really live up to its claims
>
> I played with it a little while back when it was MiserWare in beta, and
> I note that Granola still reveals itself as MiserWare under the hood.
>
> I can't imagine the individual returns will amount to a great deal, but
> taken overall it is probably the right thing to do, at least in terms of
> the concept.
>
> I can however report that I noticed no negative impact as a result of
> running it and have since reinstalled it in its Granola incarnation.
** end quote [Sean Gibbins]

Yes, I played with it too, and although I can't really comment on the
effectiveness of the software, the team behind it seemed pretty good - well,
Mat did anyway! :)

My main problem was lack of hardware modern enough to have the required support
for CPU frequency scaling. I tested a few boards for compatibility, but those
available for long term testing lacked the necessary CPU and/or BIOS support.
My most up to date motherboard is an Athlon 2800+, so none of this fancy dual
core and frequency scaling stuff sadly. Runs Ubuntu fine for most tasks, and
Windows 7 adequatly for the basics, but 2.5G RAM helps :)