On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 19:45:00 +0100 (+0100), Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:25:10 +0100, james.dut...@gmail.com said:
>
> > Does anyone know of any open source backup programs that do de-dupe
> > for the express purposes of reducing traffic over the WAN.
>
> BackupPC. Recommended.

Snap :-)

+ dedupes between backups and across boxes
+ nice gui
- file layout is sadly not rsyncable from the raw FS

I've come to the conclusion that there aren't any decent open source
backup products.  Yes, I do actually have it on my todo list to write
one :-)

PS: hantslug.org.uk is backed up using backuppc

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Expert Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS