Hello Leo,

On Mon, September 13, 2010 22:35, Leo wrote:
> Does anybody know how to get ubuntu to show useful info when booting?

By pressing the Esc key when you see the first splash screen, it should
take you to the text-based bootup area where you can see everything
happening. It might not show you absolutely everything.

> The reason I ask is that it keeps hanging when mounting disks every few
> boots, but for all I know it could just be fscking them. Or failing,
> that is it possible to get it to keep old /var/log/boot files?

Not sure about this, because it is unknown in which part of the boot cycle
your machine falls over.

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins