On Saturday 25 September 2010 18:27:52 Steve Wesemeyer wrote:
> So I would go for 10.04 as I wouldn't trust 10.10 at all yet and 8.04 is
> ancient (mind you as you run Debian Lenny you might actually feel more at
> home with that version... only half-kidding)

Thanks, Steve. :-)

I run Lenny and not Squeeze (when I would normally be using Squeeze by now)
because I have not yet found a desktop that I like anywhere near as much as
KDE 3.x.x.  Trinity KDE 3.5.11 is looking really promising, and I am hoping
that by the time I really have to move up from Lenny with backports, either
because some of my hardware is too new or because I really want something in
Squeeze and don't want to backport it myself, I shall be able to use Trinity
KDE.  If not, then at that point I shall just have to choose where to go.

> It might be more productive if you shared your "failures" with 10.04 in
> case someone on the list can come up with a solution.

Thanks again, Steve.  That is one of the routes I was considering, but I was
afraid of trying people's patience!

Lisi