At 15:09 29/09/2010, you wrote:

> I am starting by testing the power supply.  I have a PC/SPS Tester I,
> but have never used it.  Before I blow myself, my computer or the
> house sky-high I would be grateful for some advice.

Firstly - the risks are vanishingly small. All the high voltages will be
safely caged in the metal box of the PSU.

What is a sps tester BTW?

Its not one of those plastic boxes that you can get from scan
and plug PSU connectors in to test if different rails work?

If it is, i wonder if a multimeter would be better.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.4 on Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups