Hi all,

Can I ask what is the recommended disk set-up for dual-/multi-booting
Ubuntu distros?

I usually partition my disk with an ext2 /boot partition and the
remaining disk given over to LVM, with separate logical volumes for /
and /home.  This works well for a single distro, but causes problems
with multiple distros: an Ubuntu kernel package update in one distro
mangles the GRUB entries for all others -- in particular it is a
complete disaster for 32- and 64-bit as the kernels have the same name,
so not only are the grub entries mangled, but the kernel images also
overwritten.

So, since the way I do things is clearly not working, is there a better way?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Smith <cj...@zepler.net>