On Thursday 11 November 2010 14:55:17 alan c wrote:
> 'Political baggage' historically got me and mine, the vote. I am very
> proud of political baggage, and have a great respect for it. Most
> particularly the 'Freedom' bit, in some places and times this would
> have lost me my head.

I was in Budapest 4 weeks after the Communists were ousted.  My husband and I
went with a cousin of mine, who lives in Budapest, to a café.  We started to
have a political discussion of some sort (I don't rememebr what).  My cousin
suddenly stopped and said:  "You don't know how good this feels.  A month ago
I would have been sent to prison for saying in public what I have just said
now."

Lisi