I'd also move your wp-config.php file up a directory (../) i.e. out of the
webroot and create a shadow in it's place (<?php
require(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))."/wp-config.php");?>). This means if you
accidentally misconfigure your webserver to serve up PHP files as text/plain
then no-one can see your database username/password. And ensure it's not
world readable if you're on a shared host.

Benjie.