On Wednesday 12 January 2011 13:04:55 Victor Churchill wrote:
> Can't resist this...
>
> http://xkcd.com/806/
>
> ;-)

I rang the RNIB's technical support line a few days ago.  When I was asked
which form of Windows I was using, I said I wasn't.  Naturally I was asked
what I was using.  I said Linux, and waited for the usual response something
along the lines of "We don't support Linux".  Or "ye wha?"

Instead he said:  "I'm afraid that I don't know Linux, but I used to use Unix.
Do you think that that would help at all?"

Wait - it gets better.  And no, I have not had a merry lunch ;-)

I responded enthusiastically and said that I am perfectly happy at the command
line and that I was sure that Unix knowledge would come in handy.  He made
various suggestions, then said that he had a colleague who had also used Unix
and he would see what ideas he came up with.  He then rang me back and said
that he had discussed it with his colleague and gave me a few more ideas.

But it was what else he was saying that was the icing sugar on the cake!!!  He
kept saying how exciting this was, and what fun and it was ages since he had
so much fun, or enthusiasm along those lines.  I said that I would let him
know what, if anything worked. Please do! he said.

:-))

In front the tide climbs slow, how slowly: but westward look, the land is
bright!

Lisi