Hi

Thanks to those of you who read my post and gave a considered response.

Those who know me are aware that my income does not come from selling
computer services. They will know that I just happen to be a non-technical
person who wants to share the benefits I have received but have no simple
response to every question.

For those of you who run open source support - do contact me off line.
Completing the case for someone to consider a wider range of software is
your job - my aim is to encourage people to get as far as phoning you.

For those who went nowhere near being helpful and imagined many things about
my reasons for asking, never let the facts get in the way of your opinions
because the real world can be quite frightening. I have a sneaky feeling
that uptake of open source, especially in a small office context, is closely
related to the number of people who cannot answer a simple question in a
helpful manner.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone - see some of you at the next LUG as long as I
can get that damn phone box to take off.

--
Ed