Hi all,

It's a long time since I've done significant hardware setting up in Linux, and
I'm a bit stuck with dealing with this problem. I've got a computer which I've
installed the latest version of Debian on. It didn't automatically configure
proper video drivers for me - video playback was horribly jerky etc - so I've
tried to do it myself.

lspci tells me the details below:

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M880G [Mobility Radeon
HD 4200]

I've tried installing the ATI proprietary driver, but that doesn't seem to have
fixed things. Running glxgears gives me an error as does fglrxinfo. I have a
feeling I might have completely mucked things up in my attempt to get things
working. Any suggestions for where I go from here? Is there a nice automatic
way to set this up (through apt-get and some configure scripts?).

Cheers,

Robin