On 9 May 2011 04:10, Stuart Biggs <smbi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running ubuntu 11.10 and having great difficulty  with my printer,
> I can get ubuntu to see and recognise it but actually getting it to
> print is a different topic all together.

11.10? Wow, can I have a ride in your tardis please? Failing that can you
please tell me next week's euromillions winning numbers?

> The printer
> make is a canon
> model is PIXMA MG5250
> it is connected via a standard USB cable.
>
> When I attempt to print I get no error messages suggesting
> any kind of failure at all.
>
> So I would appreciate  any kind of help/input
> that any one can come up with regarding this.

It's not listed in the linux foundation's supported printer list, which is
always a good place to look before buying a printer:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting

However, there appears to be a proprietary Canon driver .deb package for
Ubuntu 10.04 here, which may work for you:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100301702.html

You do have to scroll down a   l o n g   way to get to the download link.

or there is a tarball here:
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010889.asp

<http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100301702.html>If none
of those work, try posting :