** Edward Beckmann <edward.beckm...@gmail.com> [2011-08-19 13:36]:
> Thanks guys - really brightened my day (though Sean, your datacentre story
> bears a remarkable resemblance to the series of deaths in a certain hospital
> bed where the polisher was plugged in instead of the monitors ;-) ).
>
> Funny the lack of windows stories - is it because it is difficult to tell
> the operator error disasters from the ones that come in the box?
>
> Good weekend all.
** end quote [Edward Beckmann]

Where I used to work one of the other administrators changed some permissions
on an NT4 drive and then filtered the changes down through the subdirectories.
Unfortunatly this directory contained user and departmental shares that each
had appropriate permissions set to restrict access to the appropriate people /
groups. It took a long while to rebuild the permissions structure, although
iirc there was a tool in the resource kit that could back up the permissions so
they could be re-applied easily.