One of the great things about screen is you can set it up as the remote command
for when you SSH into a box, so you always continue where you left off (very
useful if you're connecting from your phone or from anywhere over a
3G/EDGE/GPRS/packet radio/... network). Also you can set up a configuration so
that certain screen numbers run certain commands straight away. I've even used
screen to run server software I'm developing before it's ready to properly
daemonize - better than having to tail a log file - you can use terminal
control characters (is that what they're called?) to better output what's going
on without giving you information overload.

I highly recommend that you do not "sudo su" or "su" from inside screen and
then disconnect... quite a security issue...