Hi all

I know this is an old chetnut but I never did get it sorted when I asked
last...   I'm having trouble accessing my nas devices through Ubuntu.

I have 3 devices.   I tend to mount them as follows:

mount -t smbfs //ip/sharename /mnt/share -o user=rob

This seems to work for all 3 but has two oddities:
1) I can only write to them as root

2) In one case, the share comes up as 3% used through df -h, the other time
it comes up as 100% used.

Should I be looking at:

a) the mount syntax to mount it read write

b) the umask

c) the permissions on /mnt/share

One of the 3 nas devices (a Netgear ReadyNAS duo) doesn't have any users.
Even more weirdly, if I copy a 27Mb file to it - no problem.   But if I copy
a 450Mb file to it, it seems to work ok but when I ls -l I get file size is
0.

All in all there's a lot wrong here and I'm a bit lost as to where to start
so any helpful suggestions would be very welcome.   FWIW, the Linux machine
is virtual - Ocelot whatever it's called sitting on a W7 host.

Cheers

Rob