Hi,

I have been given the task of explaining Layer 3 Ethernet switch
failover to a person who knows nothing about Ethernet or TCP/IP.

I made a stab at explaining HSRP and VRRP and why avoiding the "alone,
alone" scenario is a good idea etc., but lets just say, knowledge was
not transferred!
The problem is, if I fail to get the concept across correctly, actual
lives might be lost!!!  (It is going to be used in a safety related
communications system)
It is the job of the other person to decide if equipment X is good
enough for the job or not from a safety perspective.

Can anyone point me to a nice single page explanation on the web somewhere?
I can then read it, and if I believe it is accurate and explains in
well enough, I will pass it on.

Kind Regards

James