On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 17:32, Paul Tansom <p...@aptanet.com> wrote:

> OK, I've finally taken the plunge and jumped on the Android smartphone
> bandwaggon - thanks for all the suggestions, I went for something
> completely
> different when the economics of contracts came into play!
>
> Anyway, having played with it for a while I am now looking for a VPN client
> that will hook into a Linux based VPN (specifically that used by DD-WRT
> which I
> now run on an old Virgin supplied D-Link router I picked up of Freegle and
> reflashed). Most seem to talk about rooting the device which I haven't
> read up
> on. It sounds like fun, but I've no idea how it impacts warranty, etc.
> having
> not read up on it yet!

As far as I'm aware rooting your device will void any warranty.

Onto to the question, my galaxy-s2 has PPTP and L2TP or L2TP/IPSec vpn
capability as part of the OS (Android 2.3.5). It can be configured through
Settings->Wireless and Network->VPN settings.

--
Regards,
    The Honeymonster aka Daniel Llewellyn