I had a Novatech Laptop a couple years ago, had a few problems during its
life including having to send it back to get its screen fixed. It
died completely after just over a year... my sister had the same model and
it died sooner.

It could have just been that one model, but either way I don't trust them
any more when there are more reliable manufactures out there.

But a spare battery was easy to get from Novatech
but eBay is probably cheaper.