It is - but the trouble is the webpage I'm following to install it requires
the make step.   I've installed the binary but it's not been compiled with
the machine I want to emulate - hence when I'm supposed to fire up simh with
the command

/usr/local/vax/bin/vax

it doesn't exist.

> You might need to rebuild libpcap from source to get that; the package
> usually comes with a .so for dynamic linking, rather than the .a.

Thanks - but how do I do this?

> Alternatively, you might find that simh can be built >for shared
libraries.

Again - thanks - but not sure how to do this.

Cheers
Rob