List,

I feel we should talk!!!

Bryn

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On 24 Mar 2012 23:11, hants...@googlemail.com <hants...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Bryn,

As others have said, welcome to the list!

On Saturday 24 March 2012 08:31:16 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Not that it will necessarily present a problem, but just that you may
> find yourself in competition with them for donated kit. On the other
> hand you may find them to be a useful resource for cheap spares if and
> when donations fail to come up with a component you need.

May I join this party? I too am hoping to be in competition since I am on the
verge (I hope!) of running something similar for/with Havant Transitions
Network (the Transitions Network is a national (in theory, anyhow) green
initiative).
<quote me to them>
> I have just done the survey and have been thinking. Could one have an
> initiative of: "Thinking of binning your old, outdated, slow computer? Come
> along to <insert place and time> and we shall show you how to give it a new
> lease of life." And also offer refurbished computers for next to nothing to
> e.g. OAPs, school children on benefits etc. Let's keep computers out of
> landfill!
</quote>

Broken legs are no fun. I hope that you are young enough for it to heal
properly. You sound it, at least!

Lisi