On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:32:26 -0500, testerm...@knology.net said:

> Is there anything i can do to roll back to my earlier version please?

Restore from the backup you made before upgrading? [:-)]

I don't know how comfortable you are with the command line, but in essence
what it worth trying is:

- boot from a standalone CD (I favour
  http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage)

- create a mountpoint for your ex-system

- mount the root filesystem, and /var if separate (and you may need
  others, too, particularly /proc, which will need to be bind-mounted)

- chroot into the old system

- install the correct kernel

If you're not familiar with messing with the command line, the above may
not make much sense, in which case say so (but also, if that's the case,
reinstallation from scratch may be the quickest way - if that's the case,
you may want to use the system rescue CD to backup /etc and any user data
first).

What I would caution, though, is this: before following any advice, either
from me or anyone else, make sure you either a) understand what the advice
is telling you to do or b) are prepared to lose all your data, system
configuration, etc.
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?