Hi all

Does anyone know how to prolong the life of a 5pin din keyboard with ps2 on
the way out?

I have a lovely keyboard which I'm really really keen on keeping but I have
a nasty feeling is losing the legacy war.   It is still working fine, feels
lovely and I've had it for nearly 20 years.   At present it's connected to
me ps2 kvm via a 5pin din female to ps2 male adapter.   However it seems ps2
is being phased out - the mobo I bought at Christmas only had one ps2 port.

I've just tried a ps2 female to usb male on the end of the lash-up I
describe above and no dice from the mobo.

However - and getting to the point - it's unlikely my 1994 vintage 5 pin din
keyboard would be noticed as a usb device without either some software or
hardware intervention - anyone know of anything?

My own view (trying not to sound too much like a grumpy old man here) is
that they simply don't make keyboards the way they used to.   If I could
find one that feels the same as the one I'm using - fine - but apart from a
certain chain store on every industrial park the length of the country -
there is nowhere to actually try before you buy is there?   And said chain
only do cheap'n'nasty kbds in my experience - which admittedly is limited as
I only ever go there as a last resort.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Rob