>>  I mean, who wants to get stuck on a

>>  proprietary desktop supported by only one commercial Linux
>>  vendor....oh.
>>

> Like GNOME Shell?

 guess you're trying to imply that as unity==cannonical so
gnome==redhat  but I think you are missing an important point, Gnome is
developed by the Gnome Project, Red Hat contributes, as do lots of other
 people (I notice Cannonical host gnome.org ...), but they are separate
and if fedora decided to switch to KDE for F19 gnome would continue to
exist, be developed, and be widely used.

By the way, Red Hat
doesn't ship product with Gnome 3, Fedora does, but RHEL6.3 still runs
gnome 2 (which makes me sad, I like gnome3), so if you really want the
gnome2 experience maybe CentOS is the choice for you ;)

Yes, I work for Red Hat :)

chris