On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, c...@spamcop.net wrote:

Okay, so in the light of the many such comments, I've ordered a new router, and will go the path of a third party firmware. Although, I'll probably go with DD-WRT, just because there seems to be slightly better documentation for the things I want - but we shall see....

I'd be interested to know what you bought and from where, and whether you are happy with it once it arrives.

My Wifi router is old and originally cheap and is becoming increasingly flaky.

So I'd like to replace it before it dies completely and bassed on this thread sounds like DD-WRT is the best way for me to go.

  Andy