On 28/12/12 15:51, Peter Collins wrote:
Hi Chris,

On 28/12/12 15:15, Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:

I spent a large part of the Midwinter Festival trying (under a
three-line whip) to upgrade a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Many,
many hours and countless re-starts later, it works. Up to a point.
I never upgrade windows version, I had problems with a w2k to XP once
and I have also found MS O/S seem to get very bloated with lots of
temporary files, fragmentation etc, it is normally a good excuse to
start a fresh.

I awoke this morning to hear Mrs. Gates on the Radio 4 'Today'
programme saying how much she and her husband would like to use their
fortune to do some good in the world. I have some suggestions. Does
anyone know where I should send them?
I can't help you with the Gates themselves however
http://www.ceoemail.com/ is very good and has contact details for Gordon
Frazer (MS UK MD)

I have had some good results using the contact on this site, although it
is normally passed to someone to deal with, it generally seems to have a
high visibility and a good resolve is often found.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Peter.

I agree with Peter, it is better install on a fresh clean partition rather than to upgrade an existing installation. Can't help with contacting the Gates.

Regards

Tim