On 08/01/13 21:29, Peter Salisbury wrote:
On 8 January 2013 20:10, Alan Pope <alan.p...@canonical.com> wrote:
What law is being broken by having or distributing these "illegal" keys?

I think it's that law that says you can't circumvent encryption. That
made it an offence in itself even if what you are doing (e.g. playing
your own disk on another device) is otherwise perfectly legal.

That's the case for the US under the DMCA. I'm not sure what Act it would fall under in this country, if any. Possibly the Computer Misuse Act, but there would have to be case law to show that it covered this scenario.