Are you on the TPS[0] Roger? I did so some years back and it
dramatically reduced the cold calls I got via landline.

I have heard some unscrupulous companies do not comply with it but it
is better than nothing.

[0] http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

On 25 January 2013 12:46, Roger Munford
<rogermunf...@parussoftware.co.uk> wrote:
> I just received a scamming call from Asia and spent some time playing
> gullible while trying to get my wife to phone the police/BT with a hope that
> the call could be traced and stopped.
>
> However the police, "actionfraud" operator told that there was nothing that
> could be done and BT operator services aren't working today.
>
> I managed to get the dog barking and told "Jeff" that I had to go and he
> could call me this afternoon.
>
> Is there anything further that I can do?
>

> Roger
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk

GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65  F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F
http://about.me/imranchaudhry