On 2013-02-09 12:55, Jack Knight wrote:
On 9 February 2013 10:35, <m...@barrenfrozenwasteland.com> wrote:

I'm using one of these:
Sapphire HD6450 1GB Flex
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006GTDSC6/ref=wms_ohs_product

It's driving 3 (yes, 3) 24" iIyama monitors at 1920x1080, using the AMD open source drivers and the Unity desktop extends over all 3 wonderfully with none of the messing about with xinerama/twinview you have with the NV
kit.

You don't say you have multiple monitors, but should you ever want to go that way it's a great card for that, and it should certainly perform well
under 12.10 with a single one - also the price is within your margin.

Very good point, I use 2 monitors. I've never had an Nvidia card in a multi-monitor set up, so I'll have to take that into consideration.

Mark