On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:58:33 +0000, James Courtier-Dutton <james.dut...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6 March 2013 12:56, Samuel Penn <s...@glendale.org.uk> wrote:
Shame it's rubbish.

20″ HD+ widescreen WLED (1600 x 900)

Laptops are bad enough, but why did anything think that such a low
resolution on a desktop was a good idea?

I agree. It seems strange that the resolution on phones is getting so
good, and the resolution on laptops and desktops is getting worse?
With your 10Mega Pixel cameras, surely you need laptop and desktop
screens being much better than they see to be right now.

Just this second got around to read Linus' comments about the new Google
Chromebook. 13" screen, with a resolution of 2560 x 1700.

That's a decent resolution (and it's even 4:3, for those who don't like
widescreen). Since Linus wants to get one, probably won't be long before
full Linux is running on it.

Even the phone I'm considering getting has a resolution of 1920x1080.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.