On 14/07/13 15:54, Tony Whitmore wrote:

Hi all,

I'm revisiting an old topic here, I think. But I'd like to generate a
video file containing a slide-show of images.

Ideally, I'd point a program at a bunch of sorted JPEGs and let it
generate an HD video file with each image nicely cross faded into the
other, with an 8-10 second delay.

Does anyone know of anything that can do that? dvd-slideshow doesn't
seem to support HD and isn't maintained AFAICT. All the actual video
editors need me to manually click and drag each file onto the timeline -
no mean feat when there are 500+ images.

Cheers,

Tony

I recently tried to do the same, I opt-ed to use OpenShot (v1.4.3 on Xubuntu), that was until I found a bug which did not sync the sound track to the slide show. Apparently a new version is due out soon although it was not confirmed if the new version will resolve the issue.

There was a product I used several years ago but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it and have not been able to find it. I will be watching this thread with interest.

Tim