On 23/07/13 16:27, Chris Dennis wrote:
Hello folks

Has anyone used an SMTP service (free or paid-for) recently that they can recommend?

This is for someone whose ISP (eclipse) fails to provide SMTP authentication, and only allows SMTP when connected via their broadband connection, making it difficult to send emails from a laptop when on the road.

cheers

Chris
FWIW, I've found 1&1 reasonable, though lately I've had some grief when trying to send mail through their SMTP server to some of my regular correspondents (one on Tiscali, one with his own email realm - don't know who his ISP is - and the third on cox.net in the USA). In each case, mail was rejected because of a bad reputation as a source of spam. Fortunately I was able to switch to my ISP's SMTP server (ntlworld, now taken over by Virgin), 'cos I was at home. I'll be interested to see how things go when I'm away on holiday next week...

Ian

--
Ian Park
email: i.d.c.p...@ntlworld.com