Quoting c...@spamcop.net:

Quoting Mike Burrows <testerm...@knology.net>:

Some stuff here might be useful: https://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer
Possibly see if you can force a reinstall with the
update-flashplugin-nonfree utility? Maybe without the browser
running.... Chris
Thanks Chris. Could you please post the command line code for aptitude
please? I couldn't find a package that related to that mentioned on the
debian page, when i tried this a few days ago.

I have contrib non-free in my sources.list

I just did (as root):

apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

It's possible the package name is different, so you could try:
apt-cache search flash | grep Adobe

That might hint at an alternative package name, if flashplugin-nonfree
doesn't exist.

It might be worth checking if you have gnash installed, too. If the gnash plugin is being picked up in preference to flash, it might not work.

Chris