On 20 May 2014, at 13:27, Anton Piatek <an...@piatek.co.uk> wrote:

> Gmail on mobile actively makes it more difficult to bottom post

Gmail’s interfaces are all geared up for top-posting both on mobile and desktop
browsers and native apps. The nice thing, however, is that Gmail provides SMTP
and IMAP capabilities for you to use with your favourite offline MUA (Mail User
Agent - e.g. Thunderbird) which is more likely to provide the capability to
bottom post easily.

To reference Dr Trickett’s email:

> Sadly almost all non-technical business email is top-posted and it is
> difficult to read, often incoherent and a great source of confusion in
> business.

This is perpetuated by every(?) closed-source MUA such as Outlook (look out!),
Apple Mail and the aforementioned Gmail clients per their default settings
which most folk don’t realise there’s any need to change nor even know they can
do so. Some clients don’t even provide the option to switch to the saner
variety (bottom-posting) at all!

I often fall into the same trap that most folk do where I’ll hit reply, start
typing my message and hit send before then remembering that my client top-posts
by default but now my message is already sent.