On 30 May 2014 00:05, Michael Pavling <pavl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Raspberry PIs do run XBMC.... but they really are rather slow (even
> rendering and navigating through the menus was too slow for me for regular
> use). Much better to get it running on an Atom net-top machine at the least.

+1

I found the Pi not well suited to media playing apps. Playing the
media was okay ish, not perfect, but navigating the menus was painful.

I have an Acer Aspire Revo 3600 which has an Atom CPU and nVidia GPU,
running a stripped down Linux distro and XBMC. Works a treat with an
external remote control. The only thing it doesn't do is power down/up
when I need it.

You can pick them up on ebay.

Cheers,
Al.