No version of windows will leave dirty footprints in your BIOS, secure boot
is already baked into the bios and is a requirement for it to be deemed
windows 8 compatible by Microsoft. Which is basically any computer you can
buy these days. Older windows OSs will suffer the same problem as most
Linux distros in that they will not boot with secure boot enabled. As far
as I know only windows 8 and a few select Linux distros will boot on a
computer with secure boot enabled. So it will not matter if you can get a
computer with or without windows installed on it, if it is windows 8
compatible it will have secure boot on it.

Note that it is also a requirement by Microsoft on x86_64 computers that
you must be able to turn off secure boot (though it is not always easy and
there could be other problems with booting Linux). However on arm chips,
the requirement is the opposite and you can not turn it off (so stay far
away from any windows 8 compatible arm computers you are thinking about
turning into Linux boxes, such as the Microsoft surface tablet).

Michael Daffin <james1...@gmail.com>