On 13/07/15 12:24, Paul Tansom wrote:
** Lisi Reisz <lisi.re...@gmail.com> [2015-07-13 10:36]:
It has been suggested to me that the fact that I had not yet sent an email
about this month's meeting might have meant that there was not a meeting.

The meeting is announced on our website, as are all PLUG meetings since Paul
took over the website.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/

Meetings are always on the third Saturday of the month.  The room is booked
for the rest of the year.  The reason it is not yet booked for 2016 is that
we "only" book a year at a time.  The Club does not encourage booking more
than a year at a time.

If I do not email it means one or more of:
1. I am waiting for news of/information about a speaker.
2. I am away.
3. I am ill.
4. I am being lazy.
5. My computer has died.
6. I have died.
7. I have fled the country with the CIA/IRA/FBI/GCHQ/NSA hot on my heels.
8. I am more busy than I can cope with.
9. I have been kidnapped.

It does NOT mean that there is no meeting.

Lisi
** end quote [Lisi Reisz]

Is that in order of likelihood? If so I would have expected item 8 to be higher
up the list. How can it be less likely than fleeing the country, or is there
something we don't know about? ;)

I would of said No 8 should of read "It is on my to do list and I will get to it eventually". There should also be a No 10, "I have won the lottery and can not be bothered with all you minions anymore" ;)

Tim