Hi,

I need to replace a small home server, and I've come to realise I
don't actually need a full desktop sized box, as it won't be
running X, and all it needs are a paired hard disks. It could be a
home NAS type box or a small cased mini-ITX job. Don't care if
it's ARM or AMD64 architecture as long as it runs Debian.

I think it needs to be a dual to quad core, and at least 1.5 Ghz
(in "x86" equivalent speeds).

Support DDR3 RAM, probably 8 Gig would be fine.

VGA and a single PS/2 is required (for KVM) but HDMI/DP would be
future proof.

A couple of USBs are useful, v2 is required but v3 is future
proof.

2 SATA drives of grater than 1 Tb required.

Gig ethernet.

Ideally runs cool and doesn't need much electricity.

There are plenty of Intel NUC boxes, but most of them have lost
some of the legacy ports or can't take two drives, that rules them
out. There are also some NUC like boxes, that have a few extra
bits like the legacy ports but I've not spotted any with space for
two conventional 3.5" HDs.

I could build my own, but then it takes me ages to decide what I
want, though it would probably be a generic Mini ITX job and
standard parts.

Or I could get a NAS type box with enough CPU grunt to acts as a
web server, DNS/DHCP, email, NFS server...

Any suggestions?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The animals are not as stupid as one thinks - they have neither
doctors nor lawyers.
    -- L Doquier