On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:45:41 +0000
Gordon Scott <gor...@gscott.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

>Obviously others will have different views.

HSE probably has a fair bit to say about it, I'm sure.  Also, don't
forget the "power of the people";  Urban areas seem to be well organised
when it comes to the NIMBY brigade.

As for giving over land to PV/wind farms, rather than using for sheep
fields:  If the farmer gets more income that way, what does one expect
them to do?

I will say though, that I'm not a huge fan of PV or wind farms.  They
aren't particularly pleasing to the eye, that's for sure.   But then,
neither is Hinkley or Didcot.  Over time, we'll(1) adjust - just like we
did to industrial estates and multi-storey car parks (for example).

(1)  That's 'in general' not specifically/necessarily you and me.

--
 Regards  _
Keep your drink just give em the money