On 12/18/15 3:30 PM, Lisi wrote:
On Friday 18 December 2015 20:13:44 Mike Burrows wrote:
Hello Folks.

I have just down what I think was a successful upgrade to jessie but
lsb_release -a is still reporting a squeeze system. What might I be
missing please?
Did you go straight from Squeeze to Jessie?

Lisi

Hi Lisi.

No ma'am. Followed the release notes to go from squeeze to wheezy, then wheezy to jessie

That said. I am not sure that even the first upgrade happened because...

In both cases, the apt-get upgrade finishes with a bunch of high to low warnings about packages. I think these are the change logs. Are they and does this mean the upgrade hasn't worked? This is the first one on the list:

mysql-5.5 (5.5.33+dfsg-0+wheezy1) wheezy-security; urgency=high

  mysql-server-5.5 ships with the upstream mysql_install_db script which
  creates a database "test" and sets up permissions that allow anonymous
  access, without a password, from localhost to the "test" database and
  any databases starting with "test_" that users might have created
  after installing mysql-server.

This is the code before the change logs are read:

290 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 830 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/154 MB of archives.
After this operation, 13.5 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y

I tried to start over and this is my current sources.list

#deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main

Thanks for the help so far.

Mike

PS If I wasn't in Alabama, I would bring the box tomorrow :)