From: David Tremblay <da...@ngowiki.net>
To: Hanoi Linux Users Group <hanoilug at lists.hanoilug.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:59:15 PM
Subject: Re: [HanoiLUG] Internet/Firefox in North Korea?

Le mercredi 18 juin 2008 ? 23:04 -0700, Truong Anh Tuan a ?crit :
> HI Hung et all,
>
> I think Internet, especially in high speed, is not available or at
> least not available for almost people there.

It means that Kim Jong-il didn't download firefox yet.

> By the way, Vietnam symbol colour was finally changed to orange (over
> 50K downloads). It's good for us since there is only stronger one, the
> red, ahead :).

Red is good, because Red Panda ?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Panda
in Chinese mean "fire fox"

> US is the winner with over 3.2 million downloads and then German and
> Japan. You see, it is almost also the technology map in the world.

I think you see two things : digital divide, access to internet and FOSS
community organization

> Hope Vietnamese FOSS community will be grown up more and more.

Vietnam is indeed very good compared with local neighbors and beating
Thailand, indonesia and filipines ...