On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:53:28AM +0700, Lilly Nguyen wrote:
Now the lists usage should change accordingly, as follow:
won't touch any subscription) except that it will now become a national language (=
Vietnamese) only mailing-list;
- <hanoilug-engl...@lists.hanoilug.org> is an English language only
mailing-list;
- <hanoilug-fre...@lists.hanoilug.org> is an French language only mailing-list;
- cross-posting (eg: to announce some event) to multiple language dedicated
mailing-lists is allowed as long as the message contains all the corresponding
translations;
- any message received on one list in the “wrong” language (eg: in English or
French on the old “hanoilug” list) shall be politely redirected to the right
mailing-list, through a private answer to the original sender (please, please,
please, do not reply on the list!).

One question though: does it seem that this kind of language forking almost makes for
three separate silos when LUG should function more as a clearing house for ALL
discussions? I'm just concerned that this may "ghetto-ize" the already small
community and further isolate each other, when we should have more cross-conversations
with one another. At least in the previous form (with all three languages all together),
there was more of an opportunity for people to cross-talk, even if they didn't entirely
understand everything. Now, I'm just afraid that for those people who only speak ONE of
the three languages, they may miss out even more.

Just my opinion and I'm more than happy to try this out to see how it goes.

Hi,

+1

En:

I totally agree with Lilly's opinion.  There should be only *one*
playground for all, even if we are playing the same game with different
styles.  There are people willing to explain the those styles to any one
who wants to know.  As for me, I would do my best to make that one
playground work.

Vi:

Em hoàn toàn đồng ý với quan điểm của chị Lilly.  Chỉ nên có *một* sân
chơi duy nhất cho tất cả mọi người, ngay cả khi mọi người cùng chơi một
trò chơi nhưng theo nhiều lối chơi khác nhau.  Luôn luôn có những thành
viên sẵn sàng giải thích lối chơi đó cho bất kỳ những ai muốn biết.  Với
bản thận em, em cũng sẽ cố gắng hết sức giúp sân chơi là của chung cho
tất cả mọi người.

Best regards,
--
Yang Nguyen