2011/4/18 Lê Xuân Thảo <tha...@gmail.com>:
> On 18/04/2011 13:51, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>> 2011/4/18 Gwenhael Le Moine <gwenhael.le.mo...@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Glad to hear about this success.
>>>
>>> I couldn't help myself but fix the code to make it more "elegant" (in
>>> my own eyes) @ https://gist.github.com/924864 (somehow the unittest
>>> thing is broken on my machine, but I learned something today... I
>>> wanted to attend because I was curious about this "Unit-Testing" trend
>>> people constantly talk about and that I never really got... Turns out
>>> it's what I've called testing all my life :/ )
>>
>> In fact, the code was written in randori mode with different people
>> and this was a time-limited exercice.
>> So the design looks maybe a bit strange, if you don't attend the session.
>
> Five minutes to write a test and then make it pass is too short to make
> meaningful (albeit small) changes. Next time I think we should change it
> back to 7 or even 10.

5 to 7 minutes is the usual timebox, because short time force you to
have baby steps ;-)
If the steps are larger, we are tempted to made large code
modifications and you can make big mistakes.

More words about baby steps here: http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com/baby-steps

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich