Hi Maik,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 04:29:11AM +0200, Maik Broemme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached is a patch which adds a new option to HAProxy called 'inject'
> for the mode 'tcp'. In the current version of this patch you can only
> add data at the beginning of the session. I think this is very useful -
> at least for me it is. :))

There are interesting concepts here it seems, eventhough some parts still
seem a bit confusing to me. I'll review that in depth this week-end. Could
you give us a few hints about what type of real-world usage you make of
such a feature ? I certainly can understand the ability to insert a client's
IP in TCP data, but I'm not sure what purpose returning data to the client
will serve.

Also, I don't think this should be set as an "option". Options tend to be
just flags, eventhough some of them are slightly more. Once we figure out
a more general usage, we will probably find a new keyword family for such
a feature ;-)