Hi Krzysztof,

glad to get news from you !

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:45:23AM +0200, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:
(...)
> >right now it's not archived. I would like to keep a local copy of
> >the last request sent and response received which caused a state
> >change, but that's not implemented yet. I wanted to clean up the
> >stats socket first, but now I realize that we could keep at least
> >some info (eg: HTTP status, timeout, ...) in the server struct
> >itself and report it in the log. Nothing of that is performed right
> >now, so you may have to tcpdump at best :-(
>
> As always, I have a patch for that, solving it nearly exactly like you
> described it. ;)

excellent. I was at least twice tempted to do it but lacked the time for
it! When the stats socket processing looks better, I hope to quickly add
a "show health" entry reporting all health check status.

> However for the last half year I have been rather silent,
> mostly because it is very important time in my private life, so I think
> I'm partially excused. ;)

Hey, you're completely excused, private life is more important than code :-)

> I know that there are some unfinished tasks (acl
> for exapmple) so I'll try to push ASAP, maybe starting from the easier
> patches, likt this ones. The rest will have to wait when I get back from
> honeymoon.

No problem, your patches will be welcome as usual !

> >One trick you can do to make this experience better is to set a "port"
> >or "addr" option on your server line to run the checks on a different
> >ip/port combination. That way, you can filter that on tcpdump and only
> >get the checks.
>
> Or to use something like:

that's an option too, indeed.

Best regards,