From: d...@opteqint.net [mailto:d...@opteqint.net] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:13 AM
To: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Using HAProxy In Place of WCCP

Hi all,
 I'm busy investigating using HAProxy to balance traffic to a cache farm, in
an environment which doesn't have WCCP. Are there any issues with attempting
to use HAProxy to intercept internet traffic, and redirect it to a farm of
caches as opposed to the default usage of HAProxy?

My anticapted setup would be use to have a listen group on say port 8080,
redirect port 80 traffic using a firewall to HAProxy and have it then send
that HTTP traffic to a farm of cache devices. It seems like this should be
pretty simple to setup, using the same type of setup you would use for just
balancing a group of http servers?

Is anyone using this or have you heard of it being used in such a way - I
don't currently see any issues?

Thanks in advance for your help
Dave