Dnia 2009-12-17, czw o godzinie 07:52 +0100, Willy Tarreau pisze:

> > > This specific one above cannot because you have to take one part
> > > from the Host header and inject it into the request line. But those
> > > which only move components within the same line do work (eg: rewriting
> > > the host or rewriting the URI).
> >
> > Its possible to do redirect instead of rewrite ?
> > so
> > http://profilename.page.com gets redirected to
> > http://page/profile/profilename ?
>
> If you need to automatically extract "profilename" from the request
> to build your redirect, then no, it's not possible. But at Exceliance,
> we're working on a way to extract generic data from a request in order
> to be able to reuse it elsewhere (ACL, stickiness, hashing). So while
> I did not thinkg about it, it would then be possible to adapt the
> redirect code so that it can use such data too.
>
> > Atm its only reason why we are still using nginx ;]
>
> If it's doing that well, you have no reason to replace it. The best
> tool for each task provides you with the best architecture.
Yeah, but then i miss some (well, a lot of) features I'd want to use
that are in haproxy but not in nginx, so either i have to skip some
things or do config like haproxy sending some req to nginx only for
rewrites, which is kinda ugly.

--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani...@gmail.com>
GnuPG: 0xEA8ACE64